Sorry no Friday Favorites again this week. I totally spaced it again. Not to mention, I was busy all day Friday. And pretty much the only reason why I was able to do Friday’s Daily Post was I started it on my phone waiting for my sister to get a cleaning at the dentist. And I’m sorry for no Daily Post yesterday and today. Yesterday I went to visit my girlfriend. It’s a long trip but worth it all every single time I go to see her. And today’s post didn’t really seem to interest me. But I’m back! I have decided to join the weekly posts of “Sunday Sweets & Smiles” by bloggers Kaitlyn and Sarah. Someone once told that all I post about on tumblr is negativity. What that person didn’t realize that 1. my tumblr is my blog, I can post what I want on it. And 2. I like to release my frustration out sometimes on my blog. So I thought these Sunday posts would be a way for me to let people know what I see for positivity in the world every week.
Oh my god, I burst out into tears after watching this dog faint after being reunited with it’s owner after two years (the owner had been working in Europe for the past two years). I’ve never seen a dog so unbelievably happy before. It really is true that dogs truly love us more than we’ll ever know.
Danny Nickerson had one simple little request for his 6th birthday this year…to get birthday cards. If you haven’t heard his name or his story, he’s a (now) 6 year old little boy who was diagnosed with Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG), an inoperable and chemotherapy resistant brain tumor. Well little boy had his birthday wish come this year…in a GIANT way. Within one day, he had over 50,000 letters/cards come through the mail! Never mind the fact that he got presents too! He got more mail than every single person in his hometown of Foxborough, Massachusetts (which is 16,865+ residents)! This is definitely one birthday he’ll never forget. And here’s to many more birthdays!
This little girl on Humans of New York’s instagram. She was so excited to have her photo taken.
Meghan Trainor’s song about being more body positive. The world needs to listen to this song.
Good thing they decided to skip school that day. Oliver and James were perfect as Fred and George. Who needs school when you can be in the one of the most successful movie series of all time.
Sorry that I didn’t post a Throwback Thursday yesterday. We were having internet problems. But I’m back with my favorites for friday!
- Bob’s Burgers was nominated for Outstanding Animated Program for the Emmy’s. I’m so addicted to this show. Somehow I still need to watch the first half of the fourth season. But pretty much when I eat dinner, I’ll put BB on from Netflix. And any other time when I just want to listen to a show. Because I’ve watched the first three seasons like 10 times already.
- Hannah & Kaylee – Just watch their videos. I just can’t explain.
- Nominate your favorite femslash (non-canon) couple on AfterEllen. I’m still trying to figure out my pairings. But I love this idea because for once it’s a chance for someone else to win besides Bo & Lauren (Lost Girl). I love Bo & Lauren, I do. But I just wish someone else could win once in a while.
- This could easily fit into “nerdom” seeing as how it’s has Doctor Who in it but it is a game, so it’s going in this section. Have you heard of the game “2048”? If not, you’re lucky. It’s one of the most difficult games I’ve ever played. But the version of the game I got addicted to was the Doctor Who version. You can play it here (instructions are on the website). Took me a couple of week to do it but you cannot believe how happy I was when I saw the Eleventh doctor.
People to Follow:
- Humans of New York – My girlfriend got me into HONY and seriously this is the most brilliant project ever! You can follow them on tumblr (which is the link provided), on facebook and instagram. One day I hope to have enough money to buy the book. It’s only $30 at Barnes & Nobles but I just can’t afford to get it yet.
I know it isn’t too much for favorites this week. I didn’t get to work on this post the day before because of not having internet. But I promise to have a lot more next week!