This week we lost two amazing legends, Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall. So I’m using this week’s “Friday Favorites” to remember them. Unfortunately I didn’t see a lot of Lauren’s work before she passed. I wish I could have been watching her movies before she passed, but not to many people carry old movies anymore. Such a shame.
Robin – Oh goodness, it’s so hard to pick out just one. My favorites would have to be Flubber, Mrs. Doubtfire, Happy Feet, Aladdin, and Jumanji. I haven’t seen Good Will Hunting and I’m not sure if I’ve seen Patch Adams. I’ve seen so many clips of Patch Adams that I might have not seen it but I could have.
Lauren – Unfortunately I’ve only seen “How to Marry a Millionaire”. But man that was a good one. Lauren was so good. I am definitely going to watch more of her movies once I can find them. Especially since she did a few movies with Humphrey Bogart. I need to watch so many classic movies.
Robin – Oh my god, you can watch him on any late night talk show and you’d be rolling on the floor from laughing so hard. Especially with Letterman. Oh man, so hilarious. But here’s his last interview on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
Lauren: Even though this is short, I still think it’s brilliant.
Lauren – Man Lauren could sing. Love her voice. I need more!
Robin – Okay so Robin didn’t really sing too much in public, but I found this video on youtube and it’s hilarious!
We will miss you both so much. Thank you for everything you have done. Rest peacefully now.
I’m so sorry for not doing Friday Favorites for the past two weeks. But they are back today!
Movies: Have you seen the trailer yet for The Imitation Game with Benedict Cumberbatch and Keira Knightley? Oh my god it looks so good! But everything that Benny does is so unbelievably brilliant! If you don’t know about the movie (like I did before I watched the trailer), it’s the story of Alan Turing, the genius British mathematician, logician, cryptologist and computer scientist who led the charge to crack the German Enigma Code that helped the Allies win World War II. To read more about the movie click here.
Music: Monday night I finally watched the music video to Sia’s Chandelier and I am officially in love with the song and video. It doesn’t have Sia in it at all but it has Maddie Ziegler from Dance Moms with a wig similar to Sia’s hair cut. I’ve never watched Dance Moms but this little girl is amazing! I love dancing like this. I wish ALL music videos had dancers like this in it.
Youtube: One of my favorite Youtubers Hartbeat posted a new video on Monday about how to respond to someone who tries to be negative towards you whether in person on online. I absolutely love that way she chooses to react. To see her video, watch here. You also have to watch this video of hers that is one of my favorites.
That’s all for this week. I’m sorry it’s only three things. But they are amazing things in my opinion and you definitely should check them out!
Sorry that I didn’t post a Throwback Thursday yesterday. We were having internet problems. But I’m back with my favorites for friday!
- Bob’s Burgers was nominated for Outstanding Animated Program for the Emmy’s. I’m so addicted to this show. Somehow I still need to watch the first half of the fourth season. But pretty much when I eat dinner, I’ll put BB on from Netflix. And any other time when I just want to listen to a show. Because I’ve watched the first three seasons like 10 times already.
- Nominate your favorite femslash (non-canon) couple on AfterEllen. I’m still trying to figure out my pairings. But I love this idea because for once it’s a chance for someone else to win besides Bo & Lauren (Lost Girl). I love Bo & Lauren, I do. But I just wish someone else could win once in a while.
- This could easily fit into “nerdom” seeing as how it’s has Doctor Who in it but it is a game, so it’s going in this section. Have you heard of the game “2048”? If not, you’re lucky. It’s one of the most difficult games I’ve ever played. But the version of the game I got addicted to was the Doctor Who version. You can play it here (instructions are on the website). Took me a couple of week to do it but you cannot believe how happy I was when I saw the Eleventh doctor.
People to Follow:
- Humans of New York – My girlfriend got me into HONY and seriously this is the most brilliant project ever! You can follow them on tumblr (which is the link provided), on facebook and instagram. One day I hope to have enough money to buy the book. It’s only $30 at Barnes & Nobles but I just can’t afford to get it yet.
- Mary Lambert and John Legend have me speechless with these two videos. One and two.
I know it isn’t too much for favorites this week. I didn’t get to work on this post the day before because of not having internet. But I promise to have a lot more next week!
For the past week since starting this blog, I’ve been trying to come up with different daily themes to be able to post every day. I was browsing all over google for different ideas. Then I decided to check out blogs on Word Press. I haven’t followed too many blogs yet. One of the ones I have followed is a friend from tumblr who I have been following for about four years. She kinda inspired me to try again with journal blogging. One of her weekly posts caught my eye and I instantly fell in love with the idea. So I messaged her and asked if I could steal her idea. Luckily she said yes! Please check out Jessica’s blog here. Follow her blog while you’re there. I promise you it’s amazing. I’ve been following her on tumblr for about four years and she’s just so quality.
So here are some of my favorite things for the week…
- On Tuesday the National Hockey League opened Free Agency Day at 12pm. Usually it’s an emotional day for me but it wasn’t too bad for me. The Boston Bruins unfortunately let go a few players…Jarome Igina, Shawn Thornton, Chad Johnson and Andrej Meszaros. I’m absolutely heart broken about the thought of seeing Thorty in a Panthers jersey. The Los Angeles Kings resigned three free agents, let go Willie Mitchell and signed two players. We got forward David Van Der Gulik from the Colorado Avalanche and forward Adam Craknell from the St. Louis Blues.
- Other notables at least for me are former Manchester Monarchs…Mike Cammalleri went to the New Jersey Devils (from the Calgary Flames), Mike Weaver is staying a Montreal Canadien for now (belch), Matt Moulson went back to the Buffalo Sabres (quite the year for him NY Islanders -> Buffalo Sabres -> Minnesota Wild -> Buffalo Sabres), Brian Boyle went to the Tampa Bay Lightning (from the NY Rangers) and Jason LaBarbera went to the Anaheim Ducks (from the Chicago Blackhawks).
- To find out who else signed with a new team or got traded, click here. Sorry, I usually only keep up with my teams.
- Ever since Miranda Lambert & Lucy Hale released their albums on the same day, I can’t stop listening to a few of their songs. One of the main reasons why I went out and bought physical copies of each cd is because of Nicolle Gaylon and Jimmy Robbins. I’m such a big fan of both of them and wanted to support them. I’ve just recently started following Nicolle’s writing journey but I’ve been a fan of Jimmy since 2009. They are so beyond talented. I am in love with Nicolle’s song “From the Backseat” on Lucy’s album. The ones on Miranda’s album that I love are, “Girls“, “Platinum“, “Priscilla” and “Automatic“. I love that Nicolle, Jimmy and Natalie Hemby references Miranda to Priscilla Presley. And that Blake Shelton is Miranda’s Elvis.
How’d you get him to yourself?
Between the whistle calls and Southern dolls
It’s enough to put a home through hell
He’s always in high demand
How do you or don’t you get the love you want when everybody wants your man?
It’s a difficult thing being Queen to the King
And I feel ya
- Real quick I just want to say that Netflix is bring MEAN GIRLS AND MADELINE to their site!! #sorrynotsorry I’m really excited about Madeline being on Netflix. That’s one of my favorite movies. I mean I had it on VHS. My sister and I pretty much broke the tape because we watched it so much.
- Farmville 2: Country Escape. Yep I play this game. And a few other games on both my kindle and ipod. This one I play on my kindle mostly because I love playing on a bigger screen and my ipod doesn’t have ios7. So a lot of apps don’t like my ipod. I’m currently addicted to this game. Recently it got an update for the summer. Unfortunately game kept getting shut down and I had to hard shut down my kindle to get it to work. But it’s worth it. I’m so addicted to this game.
- Burt’s Bees Chap stick – This stuff is seriously my best friend. This is the only chap stick I try my hardest to use. Sometimes I’m all out and can’t get to the store so I have to use whatever is available at home. One time five years ago I had an allergic reaction to latex (I had no idea that I was allergic to it/or I just got a latex allergy) and my lips swelled up. Burt’s Bees was the ONLY thing that helped sooth the pain. I love that it has peppermint it in.
- Kanka – It’s used for canker sores. I have a strong addiction to pretty much any/every food that has acid in it. My biggest problem is ketchup and barbecue sauce. I get cankers all the time. This stuff works great. Numbs the pain for a short time. My only warning is don’t use it too much.