For my first tasty tuesday I’m going to share one of my mom’s recipes. I just made this last night for dinner. She likes to call it her version of Polish chili. But I tried researching Polish chili recipes and her recipe is far from Polish chili. She doesn’t like pretty much all the vegetables that you use in chili, so that’s why she’s made her own recipe. I’ve decided to just call it “Susan’s Chili“. It’s extremely easy to make. Who knows, it could already be a recipe out there called something else. But here’s the recipe for Susan’s Chili…
- A can of beans
- Barbecue sauce
- Hot sauce (only if you want it a little spicy)
That’s it, three (well four if you use hot sauce) ingredients. If you notice I didn’t list any sort of measurement with each ingredient. Because really, it’s up to you how much you make.
What We Use: We usually use 1/2 lbs to 1 lbs of hamburg. Busch’s Baked Beans (I prefer Boston or bacon beans) and we always use Sweet Baby Ray’s honey barbecue sauce
- Scramble up the hamburg in a frying pan on medium heat until it’s fully cooked. I’d say about 15-20 minutes. All depends on how much you’re planning on making.
- Once it’s fully cooked, drain the grease out. Put hamburg back into pan. Turn down heat to low/medium-low.
- Open the can beans and pour right onto the hamburg.
- Take the barbecue sauce and squeeze as much sauce you want onto the beans and hamburg.
- Let that simmer and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy
I wish I had taken a photo of this meal last night before we eat it. But it’s not like it’s the most picture perfect meal.