I don’t know if anyone saw my posts about changing just my WordPress url? Well actually I’ve decided to move to Blogger and I bought my own domain. I saw that GoDaddy was having a sale on domains, so of course I had to jump on it. I purchased http://www.honeyhale.com. It’s a kinda scary making this move. Because I’ve already found out the things that Blogger doesn’t have that WordPress does. As far as I can tell, there isn’t a tagging community like WordPress has. So I’ll have to find sponsors so I can get the word of my blog out there. It’s going to be a challenge but I wanna do it. I really like that I can change my template around more on Blogger than I can on WordPress. I’m sorry but I don’t have the money to upgrade to Premium. I really hope you guys come and follow me on Blogger. You can just follow me through Bloglovin’ if you want. I’ve even set it up so you can follow me through Google. I’m already following some of you through Bloglovin’ so I can keep up with you. Bloglovin’ is such an easy way to follow blogs on every platform. I hope you come with me on this journey!
Omg Giovanna, how in the world do put my emotions of your book into words? Simply brilliant! For those of you who don’t know about Billy and Me, I’ll give you the short description from Goodreads. “Sophie May has a secret. One that she’s successfully kept for years. It’s meant that she’s had to give up her dreams of going to university and traveling the world to stay in her little village, living with her mum and working in the local teashop. But then she meets the gorgeous Billy – an actor with ambitions to make it to the top. And when they fall in love, Sophie is whisked away from the comfort of her life into Billy’s glamorous – but ruthless – world. Their relationship throws Sophie right into the spotlight after years of shying away from attention. Can she handle the constant scrutiny that comes with being with Billy? And most of all, is she ready for her secret heartbreak to be discovered and shared with the nation?” – I won’t give anything away. Sorry, no spoilers sweetie. But I will tell you that it made me laugh, hope for love, it broke my heart, made me cry (and I haven’t cried legit actual tears while reading a book in a long time) and made me long for Christmas with Billy and Me. I don’t know much about CwBaM but I don’t need an exact continuation at the moment…just more Sophie and Billy. Oh it definitely made my desire to go to England stronger than it was before (at it was pretty damn strong from the beginning). Seeing as how this book starts off in Kent, England, I would love to visit there. It sounds quite beautiful. Even if Rosehill Front isn’t a real place, Kent itself sounds lovely. Everything in England, everything in the United Kingdom sounds quite lovely.
I definitely would recommend this book! Oh and a little tip of advice, never read the reviews before reading any book. Well okay, this is a review. But never read a review that has one star. I did that with this book and it slowed down my reading. Because I kept having those nonsense comments in my head while trying to read it. I honestly think those people are mad. Because anyone who gives this book a one star is a cold, heartless person. As simple as that, a cold, heartless person.
I hope you all read this book! I loved, loved, loved it!
As I was going through my Reader, I saw Kaitlyn & Sarah’s (from The Duck and The Owl) post about #yearofhappy that octoberjune and allisonleighann are hosting. Even though we’re only 15 days into the new year, it’s been a little bumpy already for me. And I really want to make 2015 better than any other year I’ve lived. Well at least a happier one. So I thought I’d take part in #yearofhappy.
January – Write a love letter to yourself. Write all the reasons you’re awesome, write down your hopes and dreams for the year ahead, any resolutions, heck, write what you had for lunch. Share why you’re grateful for 2014 and what you want to achieve in 2015. Share whatever you want – it’s your letter.
Hey you! Yes you! I know 2014 didn’t end as well as it started but you were able to pick yourself back up. And I cannot begin to tell you how proud I am that you were able to do that. I really hope you can keep going and make this year a kickass one! You definitely deserve to be happy. And I know you want to have so many happy days instead of sad ones. So here’s a small list of things you hope to accomplish this year (kinda different from your resolutions) and some little things to help cheer you up when you’re down.
- Try to volunteer more. Remember when you helped out at a local soup-type-kitchen? You’re a (somewhat) talented cook and it really made those people’s day to have a home cooked/warm meal to eat. Lend a hand to someone more often. Make their days better.
- Start loving yourself. Everyone says you can never be happy unless you love yourself first. I know you think you’re a mess but things could be so much worse. Take that person’s (on tumblr) advice and start telling yourself (sorry for the language) that “you are a f***ing goddess and don’t settle for anyone who doesn’t treat me like one.” I know it’s a self-centered thought but it’s a start. Whatever gets you to start loving yourself, go with it. Even it means you’re swearing at yourself all the time. Anything to get that self-esteem up. You are a beautiful goddess.
- Stop letting people’s judgements get to you. And stop judging others. You don’t know what they’ve gone through and they don’t know what you’ve gone through. As Ellen always say, “be kind to others.” Stop letting people’s judgements about your appearance, the fact that you don’t drive, your taste in anything, eating habits, are afraid of the telephone, ect. get to you. Live your life the way you feel comfortable with. If you want to change any of those things, do it because you want to. Don’t do it because you feel pressured to.
- Need a pick-me-up? Listen to Raelynn as much as possible. Seriously, she is such a princess and you can’t help but smile when you listen to her Me EP. It may be bubblegum country but you can’t deny how adorable she is. Oh and also Taylor Swift. Just make a “happy playlist” because this year has started off with such good music.
You can do this! I know you can! You can do anything if you really put 100% effort into it. Whatever happens, always make sure your mental health comes first. Because you deserve happiness beautiful girl! Oh and take more selfies and photographs in general!
PS – I hope you girls don’t mind me using the image at the top. I am absolutely in love with it and want the world to see it!
- I honestly do not get why people are upset with Sia’s music video for Elastic Heart. From the minute the video started, I was in love with it. I didn’t exactly know the meaning behind it but I knew it had to be something personal to Sia. But maybe it’s because I don’t have my head so far up my ass that I can see that it isn’t sexualized in any matter. Even though I quit dancing when I was 8, I’ve kept up with it. I know that most always there’s some personal meaning behind every dance. So maybe before you all jump to conclusions, take a moment and find out the meaning. This video is Sia showing the struggle she’s gone through with her father. Her father has multiple personality disorder. So in this video, Shia is playing Sia’s father and Maddie is Sia. That’s it. A struggle between Sia and her father’s mental illness. I love that Sia chose Shia to be in her video. Because I think Shia is talented but doesn’t always make the wisest of choices. Sia is simply fantastic and I wish everyone would stop jumping down the gun.
- Incase you haven’t heard the news yet, but this week word was released that Ruby Rose will be joining the cast of Orange is the New Black for Season Three. Every lesbian is either freaking out in excitement or totally pissed because they think we’re ignoring the other queer women on the show. Nobody can just be happy with anything, there’s always a negative Nancy. I’m just excited because I haven’t seen Ruby in anything yet. I have so many interests in television and movies and music that I can’t keep up with it all. I cannot wait for season three, not just because of Ruby, but that is one of my favorite shows. I love all those ladies.
- I actually finished reading a book. I love books and bookstores but I never seem to have the attention span to read a whole book. I’m not saying I’ve never read a book. Back during my junior year of high school, I would read during class (sometimes). But anyway, the book I finished reading was The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. It feels weird to read a book that is for middle schoolers but my best friend told me to read it. So I did and I loved it. Even though it’s a book of fiction, I loved reading about Greek Gods. Even if all it was was brushing up on little facts. I will say that it is such a shame that they didn’t even read the book before making the movie. I mean they left SO much out. All can say is Logan Lerman did a good job in the movie. It sucks that they ruined that movie. But I’m still going to read the next book and then watch the next movie. Chantelle said that they get like 8% better in the next movie. I gave the book five out of five stars on Goodreads. Which you can follow me on by clicking this link here.
- I’m trying to be happier in 2015 because I’m sick of being a miserable mess all the time. So I’ve decided every week to leave you all with a positive message. Don’t worry, I’m not going to become one of those annoying positive people all the time. Just wanna leave a little thing. Whether it’s a quote, video, photo, ect. I found this on tumblr…
Day Six – “What’s the most time you’ve ever spent apart from your favorite person? Tell us about it.”
Well my favorite person is my mom. The second would be Chantelle but I’ve never met her in person. The most I’ve ever spent away from my mom would be when I went to Girl Scout camp for two weeks. I remember I was miserable all the time (mostly because I was away from my mom). Pretty much any week you could choose from was a themed week. When I was going through the brochure that winter/spring I saw that for those two weeks in August was a Harry Potter theme. I had to go. I think I had gone twice to that camp that summer. Once in June for one week (I forget what theme that was) and once in August for two weeks. So that summer I was away from my mom in total three weeks. I’m still surprised that I had gone back to that camp seeing as how I had gone there for one week the summer prior. And I remember that was the one week in my life I was absolutely miserable for like two days and then found a best friend and we were miserable together for the rest. It’s strange to think about that best friend. I don’t even remember her name but I remember what she looks like and what town she had lived in at the time. I wish I had stayed in touch with all the girls I had gone to camp with those two summers. I wish I could be a counselor there but it closed down a few years ago because so many stopped going. That damn technology made every kid, preteen and teenager stay indoors. Granted I’m not an outdoorsy kind of girl but I did like that camp. I wish I had cherished it more.
I’ll never forget that camp. Especially those two weeks in August. We got sorted into houses and they put my into Hufflepuff. Which I hated because back then everyone wanted to be in Gryffindor and it wasn’t cool to be put into Hufflepuff. But little did those counselors know, they had some serious power. Because I am a Hufflepuff. I don’t think they knew anything about me (they sorted us on the first night there) but somehow they knew I was born a Hufflepuff. Sorry not sorry for nerding out there. The other thing I’ll never forget that happened while I was away at camp…my mom split her head open by somehow tripping and hitting her head on I think my dad’s nightstand. Which I still don’t know how she accomplished that. I remember when she told me what happened, my response was “I just cannot leave the house for two weeks without you hurting yourself!”
Can I just go back in time and go back to that camp? And go back with the knowledge that I’ll be okay being away from my mom and to just have fun.
Okay so I just realized that when I went to college was the longest time I’ve been away from my mom but talking about sleep away camp was more fun to talk about. College is a longer discussion for a later time. And I went home like every two weeks so it’s the same time I was away from my mom as sleep away camp was. And I could talk to my mom while I was at college. All I could do is write my mom letters while I was at camp.